The Role of Men in Gender Equality
The Sasakawa Peace Foundation
|Project classification||Self-OperatedGrantCommissionedOthers||Year project budget implementation||8,100,000yen|
Project OutlineThis project advocates for a new image of modern-day men, different from that of traditional men, so as to rectify gender inequality by addressing mental biases, systems, and social practices based on traditional roles for men and women that have been widely accepted in Japan, East Asia and Southeast Asia. Based on comparative research conducted in various countries, the project seeks to implement effective projects targeting men in line with local conditions and accordingly recommend policies.
Regular Projects I.
- Educating New Leaders in Disaster Management through Multi-Sector Cooperation
- Strengthening Defense Capabilities in the Cyber Space Ⅱ
- The Role of Men in Gender Equality
- Asia Peacebuilding Initiatives
- Expand and Strengthen the Role of Legal Aid and CSOs in Peace Process
- Japan's Peacebuilding Role in Asia