Fabrizio Bozzato is specialized in international relations and keenly interested in Indo-Pacific thalassopolitics. He holds a Ph.D. in Political Science (Graduate Institute of International Affairs and Strategic Studies, Tamkang University, Taiwan), an M.A. in International Relations (University of Tasmania, Australia) and a Master in Political Science (University of Milan, Italy). His areas of research include the blue economy, science diplomacy and Holy See-China relations. Dr. Bozzato is frequently asked to comment for international media on issues of geopolitics and diplomacy. Signally, he has the honor of serving as Ambassador (non-resident) of the Sovereign Order of Malta to the Republic of Nauru.
(2020) “L’isola di fronte alla Cina: la sfida di sicurezza di Taiwan” [The Island in front of China: Taiwan’s security challenge], OrizzonteCina, Vol. 11:1, 20-29. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13135/2280-8035/5407
(2020) “Holy See-China-Taiwan: A Cross-Strait Triangle”, Stosunki Międzynarodowe – International Relations, Vol. 55:2, 7-23. https://doi.org/10.7366/020909612201901
(2019) “La Guerra come Metafora della Vita” [War as a Metaphor of Life], Limes - Rivista Italiana di Geopolitica, No. 8, 54-61.
(2019) “China’s Science Diplomacy in the South China Sea: Exploring, calming and owning the waters”, Taiwanese Journal of WTO Studies, XXXI, 1-63.
(2017) Las Relaciones de La Santa Sede con la Republica de China (Taiwan) y el Dilema de las Relaciones con la Republica Popular de China ” [Holy See's Relations with the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the Dilemma of Relations with the People's Republic of China], Perspectiva Integral, Vol. 1:9, 24-49.
(2017) “Taiwan and the Pacific Islands: Exploring the Green/blue Possibilities”, GreenHumanities, No. 2, 127-155.
(2017) “Gifts that Bind: China’s Aid Provision to the Pacific Island Nations”, Asia JapanJournal, Vol. 1:12, 17-36.
(2014) “The Conflict of Authority between China’s Party-State and the Catholic Church: Confucian Obedience vs Libertas Ecclesiae”, Tamkang Journal of International Affairs, Vol. 18:2, 93-134.
(2013) “Dryland: Artificial Islands as New Oceanscapes”, Journal of Future Studies 17:4, 1-16
(2015) “The Red Side of the Moon: China’s pursuit of Lunar Helium-3” in Ming-hsien Wong (ed.), On China’s Military Strategy, Tamkang University Press, Taipei, 1-36.
(2014) “China in the Pacific Islands: Beyond the 'Bad Dragon' Narrative” in Martin Riegl, Jakub Landovsky and Irina Valko (eds.), Strategic Regions in 21st Century Power Politics: Zones of Consensus and Zones of Conflict, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle-upon-Tyne (UK), 125-159.
(2013) “Swimming with Dragons: Cross-Strait Waves in the South Pacific.” in Ming-hsien Wong (ed.), Managing the Regional Security Agenda, Tamkang University Press, Taipei, 319-367.
(2013) Dr Hubertus Hoffmann, Lt. Gen. (ret.) Edward L. Rowny, Lt. Gen. (ret.) Dr. Klaus Olshausen […] & Fabrizio Bozzato, “NATO 3.0 -- Fresh Proposals by the World Security Network,” New York, London and Berlin, World Security Network.
(2016) “Junks in the Archipelago: China and Taiwan’s Pacific Island Dynamics”, Geopolitical Studies Research Centre Report, Prague, Charles University, March 17.
- (2021) Knighthood of the Order of the Star of Italy [Cavalierato all'Ordine della Stella d'Italia] (OSI), conferred by the President of the Republic of Italy.
- (2017 >> 2018) Taiwan Fellowship, ROC Government, Awardee (only 2 scholars from Italy are awarded the fellowship per year).
- (2014) Outstanding Student, ROC Ministry of Education (Taiwan). Awardee
- (2013) Postgraduate Visitor, Australian National University, School of Culture, History and Language, College of Asia and the Pacific. New Seminar Series - Department of Pacific and Asian History, Canberra (Australia).
- (2011, 2012, 2013) Outstanding International Student Scholarship, ROC Ministry of Education (Taiwan). Awardee.
- (2006) “Premio per la miglior tesi di laurea sulle migrazioni italiane nel mondo” (Prize for the best thesis on Italian migration(s) in the world), Giovanni Agnelli Foundation, Turin (Italy). Awardee.
- (2006) “Premio per la miglior tesi di laurea sull’emigrazione trentina” (Prize for the best thesis on Trentino migration) Autonomous Province of Trento, Trento (Italy).
- Ambassador Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary (non-resident) of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta to the Republic of Nauru, SOVEREIGN MILITARY ORDER OF MALTA, since 2019.
- Research Fellow, Centro di Ricerca Cooperazione con l’Eurasia, il Mediterraneo e l’Africa Subsahariana (CEMAS), University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Rome, ITALY, since 2019.
- Contributor, representing the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, to the “Eurasian Insights: Strengthening Indo-Pacific Studies in Europe” project, Erasmus Mundus project coordinated by the University of Warsaw, POLAND, since 2019.
- Research Fellow, Institute of International Relations, Faculty of Political Science and International Studies, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, POLAND, since 2019.
- Research Fellow, EU Research Center, National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taipei, TAIWAN (ROC), since 2018.
- Research Fellow, Asia-Japan Research Center, Kokushikan University, Tokyo, JAPAN, since 2017.
- Research Fellow, Taiwan Strategy Research Association, Taipei, TAIWAN (ROC), since 2016.
- Fellow External Collaborator, Geopolitical Studies Research Centre, Charles University, Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC, since 2015.
- Lecturer (as invited lecturer or lecturing research fellow) at: Australian National University (Australia), International Christian University (Japan), Kokushikan University (Japan), National Defense University (Taiwan), National Taiwan University (Taiwan), University of Rome “La Sapienza” (Italy), University of the South Pacific (Fiji and Nauru campuses) and University of Warsaw (Poland), from 2015 to 2019 (November).
- Lecturer, Centre for International and Regional Affairs, University of Fiji, FIJI, from 2013 to 2017.
- Operative Manager, Gianni Bozzato Laboratories, Caorle (Venice), ITALY, from June 1994 to September 2001.
- PhD (Political Science), Graduate Institute of International Affairs and Strategic Studies, Tamkang University, Taipei, TAIWAN, 2017 (Dissertation: “Ocean Dragon: China in the Pacific Islands Region - Implications, New Equilibria and Synergies”).
- MA (International Relations), University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA, 2009 (Thesis: “Heavenly Powers: Holy See Diplomacy toward China”).
- Graduate Diploma (International Politics), University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA, 2007
- BA+MA (Political Science), University of Milan, Milan, ITALY, 2005 (Thesis: “L’Emigrazione Italiana in Australia: Il Caso Trentino” [Italian Migration to Australia: The Trentino Case]).