|Name||The Sasakawa Peace Foundation （SPF）|
|Date of establishment||September 1, 1986
October 2011: Transitioned to Public Interest Incorporated Foundation
April 1, 2015: Merged with the Ship & Ocean Foundation
|Objectives||The Sasakawa Peace Foundation is dedicated to responding to changes in the world’s natural and social environments caused by human activity. We are also committed to working toward ensuring the healthy and sustainable development of the increasingly stratified and complex societies around the world. We aim to contribute to the welfare of humankind by leveraging the unique freedoms afforded to us as a private organization to pursue innovative ideas and methods for conducting research, presenting policy recommendations, advocating for international cooperation and exchange, and formulating a new governance system for humanity that encompasses all the world’s oceans and lands.|
|Project description||In order to achieve the above-mentioned objectives, SPF directly engages in or provides assistance to parties who carry out the following initiatives:
1. Research and information sharing efforts geared toward solving issues facing human society.
2. Provide training resources, create exchange opportunities, and build people-to-people networks to help solve societal issues.
3. Conduct research and publicize recommendations on new governance systems to regulate human society.
4. Carry out innovative studies and R&D efforts on maritime affairs
5. Promote international understanding, exchange, and cooperation.
6. Convene conferences and special events related to items 1–5.
7. Gather and distribute information and present policy recommendations concerning items 1–5.
8. Facility rentals.
9. Other projects required to achieve our objectives.
|Endowment||74,478,023,733 yen (as of March 31, 2022)|
|Special Assets||76,695,578,041 yen (as of March 31, 2022)|
|Fiscal Year 2022 Budget for Operating Expenses||5,662,970,000 yen (as of March 31, 2022)|
As of April 1, 2022