|Name||The Sasakawa Peace Foundation （SPF）|
|September 1, 1986 （Transition to public interest incorporated foundation in October 2011)
Merged with the Ship & Ocean Foundation in April 2015
|Objectives||We are committed to achieving the following objectives by applying the innovative ideas and methods of the private sector:
- To respond to changes in nature and the social environment;
- To contribute to the sound and sustainable development of human society which is becoming more stratified and complex.
- To build a new governance system for human society on this planet of oceans and land, by promoting research activities making policy recommendations, and supporting international cooperation and exchange projects.
|Project description||To achieve the above-mentioned objectives, we carry out the following projects or provide assistance to parties implementing the projects:
(1) Conducting research, disseminating information, and raising public awareness with
the aim of solving issues in human society.
(2) Developing human resources that contribute to solving issues in human society, supporting human exchange, and networking.
(3) Conducting research, disseminating information, and raising public awareness with the aim of forming new governance systems in human society.
(4) Conducting R&D and studies on maritime affairs.
(5) Promoting international understanding, international exchange, and international cooperation.
(6) Organizing conferences and events concerning items (1)–(5) above.
(7) Gathering and disseminating information and issuing policy recommendations concerning items (1)–(5) above.
(8) Lending facilities.
(9) Conducting any other project required to achieve our objectives.
|Endowment||￥63,104,392,000（As of March 31, 2018）|
|Special assets||￥61,874,499,000（As of March 31, 2018）|
|￥3,689,050,000（As of March 31, 2018）|
As of July １, 2018