Before you apply
Nonprofit organizations and voluntary organizations are eligible to apply for grants. Businesses and individuals are ineligible. Applications are accepted regardless of nationality.
SPF awards grants annually for a period of one to three years. The SPF budget cycle begins on April 1 and ends on March 31. All projects, regardless of the start date, should end in March, at which time the expenditure and narrative reports of the results should be submitted.
Points to Note
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- Once an application has been submitted, it cannot be altered.
- SPF cannot respond to inquiries about application results.
- Applications cannot be submitted online or by e-mail.
- Please do not deviate from the prescribed number of words or application format. Modified applications may not be accepted.
The personal information supplied by applicants will be used to screen and select projects, to produce statistics, and for administrative purposes such as contacting the person in question. Unless otherwise specified by law, SPF will not disclose personal information to third parties without the consent of the person(s) concerned.
- Japan–U.S. Program
- International Peace and Security
- Pacific Island Nations Program
- Asia Peace Initiatives
- Gender Investment and Innovation
- Sasakawa Japan–China Friendship Fund
- Middle East and Islam Program
- North America
- Northeast Asia
- Southeast Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East
- Africa and Latin America